Wednesday, October 24, 2012

...and self control

Self control. You may know it as the ninth fruit of the spirit. Yep, this trait is so important that the Bible (God's word) includes it among love, joy, peace, patience, faithfulness, kindness, goodness and gentleness. Well then...



It seems that homegirl here has been having some trouble with self control lately. Bottom line,  I stuff my face. I try to eat healthy but every time I pass up the cookies in the little convenience store or brownies in the cafe, I just have to have them. I honestly credit this trait to my parents, reason one being that my older sister and I NEVER got ANY sweets growing up. It was all natural, all organic...all the time. Maybe we'd get a yogurt pop or some Newman O's. Of course they weren't like dictators, we got cake on our birthday and could partake in deserts at gatherings and parties but it just wasn't the norm for us. This is why, when we now have access to these things, we take FULL advantage of them. The second reason why my parents are responsible for this is that my dad passed his incredibly sweet tooth onto me. Actually, I believe it was originally from my favorite grandma but I can't blame her! It's not that I don't love normal, healthy meals, I do. It's just that I don't feel complete until it's topped off with some cookies, ice cream or cake...anything sweet.



Furthermore, I can tell that all of this sugar is affecting me negatively. I need to just control myself and cut it out completely.



We'll see how I do, I really am going to try my hardest.

Lord, help me!


-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment