Tuesday, October 9, 2012

100th Blog Post! (Why I Write Part Three)

Well, I have been trying to come up for a creative way to celebrate my 100th post for weeks. Nada. I thought maybe I could do 100 facts about myself but I'm betting that by number 40 I'd have things like "I once had a hermit crab" or "I have socks with owls on them". I just don't have 100 interesting facts about myself. Sorry folks.

SO, in honor of this momentous occasion I want to continue my little miniseries on why I write. The first and second posts can be found here.

I write because it helps. 

What does it help? Hhmm, a variety of things. It helps me deal with emotions I am having or record memories that I want to remember forever. It helps me feel like I am documenting this very important time in my life, it helps put things into perspective.

Obviously I have had a few posts where I am just using this blog as a place to vent, writing about my problems really does help. I also love to look back and angry or sad things I've written and think of how far I've come or what I have overcome. I think it's important that I will someday have this blog to look back at and see all that I have gone through and that I've (God willing) come out alright.

This is also a place where I can express such joy! I have written posts where I am smiling the whole time. Just as it is important for me to remember my trials, it is also important to remember my victories and the simple but awesome happenings that have brought me happiness. I have so much to be thankful for and I hope that that comes across in my writing. I never want the bad to overshadow the good because at the end of the day I am a very blessed girl. God has given me so much that I do not deserve.

I write because I love the community aspect of blogging. I faithfully follow four blogs (never more or less because then it gets to time consuming!) and it has really been great "getting to know" these women and their families and friends. I pray for their requests and I have posted a few of my own. Recently I had another blogger tell me that she was praying for me and so were many people she knew! How good it makes me feel to hear that!

I write because it is my journal and my way of remembering things. I am the MOST sentimental person you will ever come across. I remember little moments, little details and am constantly thinking about memories and time. Nothing will make me happier in ten or twenty years than having this blog to look back on. I'll laugh at the hilarious jazz classes I took and probably cry about the simple memories that I can never relive but cherish.

I just want to say thank you to anyone and everyone who has ever read this blog. Blogging has really been nothing but a great experience for me and I know that it will continue to be! Here's to the next 100 posts!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment