Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Musings

I'm sitting here with no clear idea as to what this post will be about. Switched At Birth (have I mentioned how my best friend thinks that I was switched at birth? Another story for another post)  is on my TV and I'm putting off getting up and putting on my pajamas. Today was just...eh.

I'm mainly referring to the fact that I got a C- on my stats test. That honestly just sucks. I hate to start off my semester with such a bad grade. I should have studied more, I learned though because I made notecards and did some serious studying for my Anatomy Quiz tomorrow. I think I'll do well, I pray I'll do well.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this but I joined a Bible study here on campus. It starts tomorrow night and I'm both excited and nervous. Nervous because by the time it ends it'll be dark and I, or course am scared of getting kidnapped on my way back to my dorm. But seriously, I really am looking forward to meeting new Christian friends. The cool thing is that both my parents and sister have Bible study on Tuesday night as well! So I'll be here at school doing my study and they'll be at home doing theirs. I just think that's nice, call me a dork but I do.

Hhmm...what else? Oh! I officially started a Healthy Living Plan today. I was on one last summer but it didn't go over well (again, another story for another post). So I revised the plan and this is what it looks like:
  • No sweets! I may have one Nature Valley Dark Chocolate granola bar after lunch but that's it
  • No unhealthy food. Super cheesy Mac and Cheese, pizza, sugar cereal etc. This of course, also includes processed foods such as chips, certain breakfast bars and....sadly Otis Spunkmeyer muffins. Sniff, sniff
  • Stretching every night along with sit-ups and push-ups
  • Portion control, eating until I'm full but not any further. Not too many in between meal snacks. 
 Now, don't mistake this for a way for me to lose weight. I definitely don't need to do that. I weigh a grand total of 88 pounds, but I'm very short so I promise you that it's OK. Anyway, when I eat well, I feel well. I get less headaches, have more energy and generally just feel positive. The exerciser is a great way to build muscle and flexibility.

I'm hoping that writing this on here will keep my accountable. I'm really going to try hard to stick to this.

Well, I'm signing off. The melodrama of an ABC sitcom is calling.
Happy Monday!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment