Monday, September 24, 2012

Mighty to Save

Yesterday as we sang this song in church I was once again reminded of how awesome God truly is. I am so imperfect, so sinful and so broken. Yet, here is a loving God that chose to save us and forgives me again and again every day. I don't deserve it, I truly don't. I don't deserve to have such great parents, I don't deserve all the physical blessings He has given me. I am so thankful for all I have been given here on earth.

I want so badly to improve my relationship with Him. I want to want to read my Bible. I want to want to do good work, not just to please my parents and my professors but to please Him who has given me the ability to learn and I am so thankful for that.

I want to be able to lift up my arms as I sing in church, with no inhibition. I pray that one day I can be bold enough to share my faith with even the hardest of hearts.

I have been having dreams lately that really convict me, dreams in which I know I am dying. In these dreams I am overcome with fear that I am not going to Heaven. This is a real fear of mine. I believe in the Gospel, but I find myself not growing as Christian and lacking the motivation to do so. I pray that some day soon I would be able to say with certainty that I will be spending my eternity with my Lord and Savior.

I know that this is personal, but this is my blog and I want to be honest and open. This has been weighting my heart and listening to Mighty to Save nearly brought me to tears. 

My Savior can move mountains and with Him by my side I can too!

Take a moment and listen to this powerful song

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment