Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Goals Revisited

I posted my summer goals in June and since I am leaving tomorrow for college I am going to revisit them and see how much I accomplished!

1. Read 5 more books (X)
What I Read:
The Last Summer (of you and me), by Ann Brashares
Salem Falls, by Jodi Picoult 
Bossypants, by Tina Fey 
The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins
I also reviewed The Hunger Games series and I started another book but wasn't really feelin' it.

2. Paint (X)
One day in August I decided to go out and spend a small fortune on painting supplies at my local craft store. I even bought those little pallets so that I could mix colors cleanly. I bought a few small canvases for my sisters and I. We put newspaper on the kitchen table and went to town. My painting was...abstract. My older sister painted a landscape and my younger sister painted a hot air balloon. Mine was more of a design. Ah, well. I may not be the next Picasso but I did enjoy myself.

3. Eat healthier ()
Honestly, this was the goal that I really wanted to accomplish. Unfortunately, everywhere I went this Summer their were sweets. Ice cream, cakes, cookies....I just can't resist stuff like that! But I am turning over a new leaf! College is when I am planning, really planning, on eating only healthy. The end. Period.

4. Gain more patience (X)
I think that I may have actually done this. Seriously, I'm not just saying that either. I have really tried to have more patience with my family, specifically my younger sister. I think I really made some great strides.

5. Witness to someone ()
I wish I could say that I didn't do this because the opportunity never arose but it sort of did a few times. What I really need to do is gain the confidence and courage to stand up for God. No matter the situation.

6. Take many pictures ()
Camera broke. This did not happen.

7. Buy an ipad (X)
I did purchase Iris the ipad! Along with a stylus, sleep cover and Vera Bradley case! I don't use it all that much because I have my trusty laptop Lars but I'll be taking it with me to my collage classes.

8. Gain more of a passion for God (X)
I'm not sure if it qualifies as "passion" but I really did become a lot more trusting and dependent on Him. In my worries and anxieties I have learned to give it to Him. This has helped me tremendously.

9. Feel comfortable about going to college (X)
I have made many campus visits, went through and found my classes and bought all my supplies. Emotionally I may not be entirely on board but I do think that I am ready overall.

10. Do one thing crazy (X)
I dressed up as a cow in order to get a free meal at a local eatery! Totally worth it.

11. Cut or trim my hair (X)
Yep, I got myself a nice little trim and some side bangs.

12. Meet someone new (X)
I met a lot of new people in my Summer Bible study, I didn't really get close with anyone but I did get to know a lot of people that I had never known from Church!

13. Enjoy it (X)
It was stressful, busy and chaotic but I had some really great times. My graduation party, others graduation parties, two 2nd birthday parties, trips to the public pool, vacation to Canada, amusement park with my two best friends and so much more. Summer 2012 wasn't the best I've ever had but it was pretty darn good.

Goals Accomplished: 10/13 

I'll be posting about college tomorrow from my dorm room!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment