Saturday, August 25, 2012

"Get Involved"

Well I'm here. In my dorm. Alone

Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30 to load all of my stuff into the car. When I reached my dorm room, only my name was on the door. Hmmmm, where could my lovely roommate who never messaged me back be?? Oh, wait! She's not coming! They might assign me another roommate, who knows.

Unpacking here was so stressful because my whole family decided to come and there were just too many cooks in my kitchen if you know what i mean. Anyway, I unpacked for hours and finally when I was through my mom and sisters had to leave (my dad left earlier for work). I cried a little before they left and I cried a lot after. Probably on and off tears for a good few hours. I drowned my sorrows in current favorite show Parenthood. Watching the Braverman family struggle somehow made me feel better. Oh, I also watched Teen Mom, and if that doesn't make you feel good about yourself then I don't know what will.

The main thing that EVERYONE has been telling me about college is, "Get involved" blah blah blah. Look, I'd love to get involved. But how??? I went to a show here last night with a friend from high school, that was nice, got my mind of my troubles. But when she asked me if I wanted to go to a party afterwords, I politely declined. Somehow I think that that's not the type of "involved" that everyone speaks of.

So today, I officially have nothing to do. Nothing. I'll probably watch Parenthood for two hours again. Maybe then I'll eat cereal. If I'm really lucky I'll head down to the dining hall and get some real food. And folks, if I decide to be ambitious I will...take a walk! Oh I joke, I do.

So basically feeling really lonely and kind of sad. I don't know how to make friends I guess. I mean I know I shouldn't have like a million besties at this point but I feel like everyone has a buddy around here but me. Here's to hoping that things will look up soon and that I don't cry too much today.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment